Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our new place....

So we have been living here now for about a month. We absolutely love our new place and I love my job. The first couple of weeks were a big adjustment and I was stressed with all of the responsibilities that I will have here, but at the same time, love the challenge. Now that we have settled in and I have learned the lovely joys that come with new jobs, I LOVE it! I love the owners here and they worked so hard to make our apartment look awesome and helped me feel included in the process (which I loved of course;), they are also amazing to work for. We feel so so blessed that this opportunity was given to us.

We also love the area too, it is right across the street from DayBreak and we have a view of the new temple out here. We are also only a five minute really pretty walk away from The District which has become my new "fort union" and in fact I like it more! And it has my beloved Harmons, so that is really all I need ;), doesn't everyone LOVE Harmons? HAAAAMUNS! Ha ha, get it the song? It's all I can hear when I even think of Harmons. Did you know that Harmons has drive up service too? Talk about good customer service huh?! Like you drive through this little drive-up thing and they will put your groceries in your trunk for you. I have never done it because I would feel extremely lazy, BUT, one of these days if I get the courage, I WILL take advantage! Maybe on a snowy day? And if my trunk isn't scary like it is now....that would be embarrassing, I'd be like "just smash everything down", ha ha, "but not my fresh homeade sour dough bread!"... That's why I love HAAAAAmuns. Anyway, everything out here is new and open and we have really started to feel at home.

As most people know, I love to decorate, and change things, and move things, and decorate, and change things, and move things....so I have been in heaven decorating, well almost, I would be in REAL decorating Heaven if money was not a factor, but this chicks on a budget, but that's part of the fun right?! Great finds for a steal. I posted tons of picture, I'm sure way too many and you'll get bored, but I always want to look back and remember everything about each place we have lived in ;) AND I love detail, so hopefully you do to if you look at the pics. By the way, have any of you ever printed a book out of your blog? I have done two now, one from the first year we were married, and one from the second year. I am obsessed with how cute and easy they are, and because I suck at keeping a journal AND printing off pictures, it kills two birds with one stone. Anyway, you all should do it!

ALSO, as you can see below, I need to find some barstools, but I don't just want any old ones, I want some really different, comfy, modern ones, so if anyone knows of anywhere fun, or sees any cool ones, please be so kind to let me know, I have looked for a month and can't find anything I have liked, but really really want to be able to eat at the bar :(

Kitchen
Love these pictures....
Can you tell?
Love him, he's my favorite part of the decor ;)
Dining Area
Our skylights that we love
Guest Bedroom
Family Room
The pillows my mom covered for me, she's so nice, I couldn't bear to cover them all so she offered, I love moms! And I LOVE these pillows!
Area right when you walk up the stairs, bookshelf I painted, thanks again Sara!
My vintage milk glass china that I bartered down from $150 to $25! I just love them ;) GO ME!
Our Bathroom
Necklace holder I made
Master Bedroom
I put this material in these frames, I think they go great over the bed
Love my new plant... pray I don't kill it ;)
Wren's parents were so kind to give us this piano, we decided to stain it dark, I love having a piano again!
We don't have a coat closet so I ran across these hooks at hobby lobby to hang purses or coats on.
My new office, I got to buy everything for it so it's super girly and I love it!

I hope everyone enjoys this fall weather, I know I AM!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sav! I love your new place! So classy! You did a great job decorating it! I have to ask, where did you get your green trefoil towels! They are to die for!

Jennie B. said...

You scored! I LOVE it! Good hot doecorating!

saraanddevin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THOSE FRAMES ABOVE UR BED!!! UR SO CREATIVE :) :)

Jeff and Mallory said...

Love it! We want to hang out sometime soon!

Allison and Josh said...

WOW!! Your apartment is AMAZING!! Those Stringham's are taking really good care of you :) That's awesome!! love ya!

Andersons said...

So cute. I LOVE Harmons too. Funny! So I was laughing cause remember when you had all your shoes in your trunk and it was like your closet. That would be funny for them to try and put your food in there. Good laughs.

Sam and Shauna said...

I love your place! You did a really good job decorating too. How fun! I would love to see it sometime.