Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our Wedding letter from McKinley~

Here is the letter that Wren's brother McKinley sent to us from his mission to be read at the wedding dinner. There was SO much going on that day that I didn't get to pay super close attention to the words, but I just ran across it in Wren's email. It is so sweet and he is such an amazing writer. I think if everyone lived how he writes in this letter, we would be so happy!


The big bash!

There is only one time in my life that I can say that my brother is
getting married. And that is two days from now, the only difference is that it
will have to sound like this “meu irmão vai casar hoje.” That goes for wren
and savannah too, only once will you be able to say today, I am getting
married. I wish I could be there well I am there, I"m that sexy cardboard
thing in the corner, hey ladies! Seriously though, I wish that I could be
there because this is a day marked on the calendars of the dreamers. Ive come to
realize that the world belongs to the dreamers. Not because they always win, not

because they don't have it hard, but because they always have something to
hold onto through it all...a dream. A wedding day only happens once but it's
not like you love each other more on this day, you just realize that you love
each other just as much as you once dreamt when you were kids, not knowing that
th e other existed, wondering, "what will my wedding be like?" Two
lifetimes of distant, faded memories culminate into this one single moment where
a dream is realized. This is it, you are here. However, a wedding is not only a
day where two dreams are realized, but it is a day where new futures, new
dreams, and new lives together are formed. I encourage you both to dream big.
Let yourself slip into that world that is too familiar yet unfamiliar the

world of love. We watch, listen to, and search love, but often times we don’t
live it. Today love is lived. Create something that you can hold onto in those
times when you feel like you have nothing else, a dream that can pull you
through it all. Aside from creating this, live your life always loving and
always dreaming. But for now forget reality, the color of the dresses, who
didn't show up, who gave presents... Only think about the simple things, the
moments together, the frie nds and family present, the love that is expressed.
These are things we spend our lives dancing around and sometimes realize the
importance of. Always remember the beauty that is capable in the life of a
person. Always know that you are capable of creating an empire of perfection.
Live the life of a dreamer and realize what you have been blessed with. Do this
and the world is yours. I love you both and wish you the best! Savannah,
welcome to the wackiest family west of the mississippi! Eeeeaaiiiiii!


I love you family! Peace and love from brazil!

-elder mckinley skylar withers

3 comments:

saraanddevin said...

uh...can mckinley please give a speach at my wedding??? haha that was AmaZinG!

The Sorensen Family said...

So sweet! LOVE your wedding pictures!!

Jen Hinton said...

That is so sweet! Your pics are gorgeous too!

Where did you get your blog template? It's gorgeous!