Monday, May 23, 2011

I am 25

I am 25

I was thinking about the last five years today and how really, it's all just one big blur, and the older I get, the blurrier it gets. I can't really remember what happened when, and the years just seem to blend into one another. It's so funny because I can remember being in high school and everything was such a big deal and I remembered everything so vividly. Who said what about who, and stupid trivial things like that. Things that were a big deal back then, wouldn't even make me bat an eye today, and if something does have an impact on me, an hour later I will have forgotten it even happened. Why is this? Am I pre-menopausal already?

Turning 25 last year was a groundbreaking moment for me.... it was the realization that I am officially in my mid-twenties. Again, how did this happen? Getting from 20 to 25. I don't remember it happening. I feel a mix of emotions when I think about it. I'm happy because I think the older I get, the more I am figuring myself out. Trust me, I still have a long way to go in that department, but I am understanding the crazy foreign language that is constantly rolling inside my head a little bit better. With a Cosmetology License and a Bachelors degree, I still have no idea, really, what I want to do. I do know I want to be Wren's wife and the mom to his babies one day though, and I guess that's all the really matters. A depressing thought is that my face will never look any younger, my hair will slowly start to grow gray, my butt ain't gettin any tighter....but with them comes wisdom I suppose. I just remember being 18 and wanting so badly to be in my twenties so people would value my opinion; treat me like an adult. Now that I'm here, I want to be younger as to not have to feel the pressure of having to have it all figured out. I want time to STOP.

Here are the last five years in pictures, they help me remember a little bit better what happened. Thought you might enjoy. Oh, and please do tell which hairstyle you like the best, I would LOVE to know :)
2006
2007
2008
2009
2010
2011

3 comments:

{wade.and.katie} said...

Seriously where did the time go?! I swear we were just in your one suave red car with nasty french fries on the floor going to the draper pool all the time living the good life :)

Sarai Stones said...

I love this post! I will be turning 23 in the next two months and I can't believe that I am going to be that old!! Not that it's old, but I think you understand what I mean! I think we should do a girls night soon! Crafts, chick flick, chocolate, face masks! text/call me! 509.750.7273

David and Dahlia Wright said...

Haha, you are so cute. I just turned 28. Think about that. I am pushing 30, yikes! I love your hair long and no bangs best. But that is just me. Ha and I just cut my bangs.