Monday, March 7, 2011

Grandpa's Birthday

On Saturday is was my grandpa's 81st birthday. He is the cutest grandpa on the block! We went to my aunt Staci's house for the party. She made lot's of Chinese food and cake. It was so fun to see all of my cousins and be with my grandpa on his birthday.

Some fun memories I have of him.... Sleeping over at their house and waking up to him making pancakes with strawberries. Him whistling.... all the time..... (: Having BBQ's at their house in the summer time and sitting on their metal bench outside watching him cook the meat. Him swinging us on the swing set in their back yard. Picking peppermint leaves with him. Helping him make caramels. Watching him work at his little shop in his garage with his big strong hands. Having pick-nicks at Sugar House park with KFC. Watching fireworks at their house. Having him and my grandma walk us out to our car and then watching them wave goodbye on the porch until we could no longer see them. And last but not least, being obsessed with all the little wood shoes he would carve, and wanting to do it so bad! I love my grandpa so much! Yay for grandpas!

1 comment:

saraanddevin said...

WHAT a CUTE Grandpa!!!!