Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Happy and the Mad

And Wren wonders why I always smash his glasses? This could have been a very UNpleasant surprise if you catch my drift...... This is a FABULOUS place to leave your glasses Wrenjamima ;)
Okay so I have been noticing a lot of things that really bug me lately; Wren's glasses lying all over the place included (Even though he is too too cute wearing them) I know, I know, not good to do, but when I sit in this office all day, every day, my mind goes wild.

The first one is, why the F do suppliers have to stick huge stickers all over the things that I buy? I got these huge cute cups the other day and was so excited to open them up and use one. I was in a hurry and was trying to open them really fast, and to my dismay, there is a HUGE sticker going from the bottom of the bottom cup (they were stacked) all the way up the bottom cup, up all the cups stacked inside, and back down into the bottom of the top cup, you with me? Then clear back up the top cup and all the way down again on the other side. Too boring to even describe, but needless to say, I worked at getting those stupid, dumb, annoying, pointless, ugly stickers off for an hour and a half. I was sweating I was so mad. I scrubbed with our dish scrubber, I used acetone, I used Windex, I was on a mission, and you know what? IT IS STILL ON THEM! Even after multiple cycles in our dishwasher...... So now there is dark lint on all the sticky parts of the cups. NOT high fashion! Oh, and I just remembered this too, when the office and apartment here were just being finished, I had to clean the windows and there were HUGE manufacturer stickers on every single window, and if you have been over here you know there are a million windows everywhere. It plagued me and I cursed every single sticker I had to razor and Goo Gone off. Wow, my heart is beating faster just thinking about the hours of work that took me to get those sick puppies off and for no good reason at all! Anyway, I just had to publicly say this because it makes me feel better. I HATE STICKERS! So pointless and made just to torture me! Anyone with me?!

Here is just a little, by little I mean big, list of other things that really chap me:

-Watering plants
-My garments rolling up in my jeans
-Others who can't be happy for you
-Getting ready for bed EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, will it ever end?
-Zits.... I HATE them
-When I can feel my nose hairs moving when I breathe at night
-My own nasty hair in the shower, Wren always throws it away for me because it makes me gag
-Hair in my mouth, I gag, maybe I was not a good candidate for beauty school after all?
-When I have a candy bar, and I reach down to eat it, and it's gone, WHAT? How did I not remember eating it, let alone not getting to ENJOY eating it!
-WIND, DIRT, TUMBLEWEEDS, after this job they have a WHOLE new MEANING!
-Why is the honey jar ALWAYS sticky?
-That I have to pee 500 times a day, gets real old
-When I bite my lip
-Bad grammar and punctuation, I am constantly correcting things in my head when I read, I hate that I do this
-When my eyelashes curl into my eyeballs, makes me want to stab someone
-When my nail breaks and snags every possible material I have on
-Stubbing my toe
-Bras, they are so uncomfortable, I give up
-Hitting my hip on tables
-And just that my to do list is never ending, right when I think I'm done, something else comes up, and I don't even have kids yet, I'm scared for myself.

Okay, now I feel like the most negative person in the world, but does it sometimes seem like ALL of your worst things happen in a 24 hour time period?

Now I have to make note of the fabulous things in my life to push my positive energy into the universe after all that crap:

-Wren singing and dancing in the shower
-Just Wren period
-My job
-BEING ready for bed and laying in bed with Wren watching shows, in fact I don't know if anything makes me happier
-When my mom says that she wants my dogs to sleep on her face at night so they can transfer their positive electrons to her
-Folding my laundry right as it comes out of the dryer, sadly enough this is the only way I do laundry, I need to loosen up, but I just LOVE having it folded and not wrinkly
-My dad's singing
-A big glass of cold orange juice
-Having my teeth flossed, brushed, and mouth washed... there's the ticket! Ha ha, and the fact that I just said, "There's the ticket!"?????
-Eating out
-Decorating and reading design blogs
-Oprah, I love everything about her, her show, her magazines, I think she should be president
-When our puppy Sister leaps off the couch
-Harmon's
-When my mom flies off the tube when we boat and my sisters and I don't realize it and she is just gone, her pin head and all, bu bye
-My mom's pin head
-A clean apartment, funny how much happiness this brings to my soul ;)
-New music
-When Wren talks in his sleep and stands up like Steve Earkle when he wakes up
-Sister's paws
-A good sale
-Fat, fat, chubby babies (I think this tops the list)
-Girl nights
-That Wren makes me breakfast in the morning
-A clean car
-Cute fabric
-Sara
-Sleeping in
-That I have tomorrow off ;)

Okay I now have more good things listed than bad things and that's the way it should be because I have everything in the world to be thankful and grateful for. And I am. Sometimes all one needs is a good old fashioned vent.... (I don't know if I can use the word "vent" there or not, but whatev)

If you made it this far congratulations and sorry for a wasted 10 minutes you will never get back ;)

5 comments:

Jeff and Mallory said...

You are too funny! I feel the same way about most of those!

Sarai Stones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarai Stones said...

Haha! I feel the exact same way about stickers and garments rolling up in your jeans! Hilarious!

Jennie B. said...

Mikey also hates stickers and Claire loves them. And... Are you preg. And. I loved your post.

saraanddevin said...

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY that just made my WEEK my DAY my whole LIFE!!!!!;) ilove my storch see ya tomorrow sista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!